Underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, +PROTECT provides £250,000 worth of medical insurance, to ensure your family always has access to the covered stem cell treatments, no matter your financial situation.
Who can take it out?
+PROTECT is available to your baby, their siblings and step siblings, and mum and dad.
What does it include?
+PROTECT is a comprehensive medical insurance that covers a vast range of treatment and non-treatment related expenses:
✓ Medical staff
✓ Hospital fees
✓ Drugs and dressings
✓ Outpatient visit costs
✓ Search cost for alternative stem cells if the stored sample is not suitable for any reason
Non-treatment expenses (up to £30,000)
✓ Travel costs for treatments abroad for the patient and an accompanying person
✓ Accommodation and food expenses for the accompanying person
✓ Post-treatment rehabilitation
✓ Cleaning and modifications to the home
✓ Personal aids such as clothes, wigs and other specialist equipment
✓ Tutoring costs for anyone under the age of 18 who is unable to attend school
✓ Home help and child-care
✓ Repatriation following a death abroad
What conditions does it cover?
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL)
- Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia (AML)
- Acute Biphenotypic Leukaemia
- Acute Undifferentiated Leukaemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukaemia (CML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL)
- Juvenile Chronic Myelogenous Leukaemia (JCML)
- Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukaemia (JMML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Refractory Anaemia (RA)
- Refractory Anaemia with Ringed Sideroblasts (RARS)
- Refractory Anaemia with Excess Blasts (RAEB)
- Refractory Anaemia with Excess Blast in Transformation (RAEB-T)
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukaemia (CMML)
Haematopoietic Cell Disorders
- Aplastic Anaemia (Severe)
- Congenital Dyserythropoietic Anaemia
- Fanconi Anaemia
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria (PNH)
- Pure Red Cell Aplasia
- Acute Myelo brosis
- Agnogenic Myeloid Metaplasia (Myelo brosis)
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Hodgkin’s Diseases
- Chediak-Higashi Syndrome
- Chronic Granulomatous Disease
Plasma Cell Disorders
- Multiple Myeloma
- Plasma Cell Leukaemia
- Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia
- Ewing Sarcoma
- Testicular Cancer
Inherited Platelet Abnormalities
- Amegakaryocytosis / Congenital Thrombocytopenia
- Sickle cell disease
Inherited Metabolic Disorders
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria
- Gaucher’s Disease
- Hunter Syndrome
- Hurler Syndrome
- Hurler-Scheie Syndrome
- I-cell Disease
- Infantile Ceroid Lipofuscinosis
- Krabbe Disease
- Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- Maroteaux-Lamy Syndrome
- Morquio Syndrome
- Niemann-Pick Disease
- Sandho Disease
- San lippo Disease
- Tay Sachs Disease
- Wolman Disease
- Familial Erythrophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
Inherited Immune System Disorders
- Kostmann Syndrome
- Leukocyte Adhesion De ciency
- DiGeorge Syndrome
- Bare Lymphocyte Syndrome
- Omenn Syndrome
- Severe Combined Immunode ciency (SCID)
- SCID with Adenosine Deaminase De ciency
- SCID with absence of T & B Cells
- SCID with absence of T Cells, Normal B Cell
- Common Variable Immunode ciency
- Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
The Duke University cerebral palsy clinical trial in the US is using patient’s own cord blood stem cells to deliver real improvements to their condition for the very first time. However, enrolling your child on trials like this can be expensive.
+PROTECTExtra pays out a £50,000 lump sum in the event of a cerebral palsy diagnosis, making this trial, or others like it, a viable option for anyone, no matter their financial circumstances. Alternatively, you can choose to spend the money on what ever you like, including your child’s term care, or other palliative treatments.
Learn more about cord blood treatments for cerebral palsy
Who can take it out?
+PROTECTExtra can be taken out for your baby prior to their arrival and provides them with cover up until their third birthday.
What does it include?
+PROTECTExtra pays out a £50,000 lump sum in the event of a cerebral palsy diagnosis within the first three years of your baby’s life.
How much is it?
1 year policy
5 year policy
|Siblings/Step Siblings||£48||£240||not eligible|
|Parents/Step Siblings||£48||£240||not eligible|