The study comprised of 30 patients aged 18 – 75 who had stable heart failure. Participants were given the stem cell therapy or a placebo. When analysing the results, researchers were able to compare the two a noted that those who received the stem cell infusion;
- Showed sustained and significant fourfold improvement to the hearts’ ability to pump blood
- Reported a greater quality of life
- Suffered no adverse effects as a result of the therapy
Damage caused by heart disease was once considered irreversible. The prospect that umbilical cord stem cells could provide treatment is very exciting. Heart disease is one of the most common causes of death in the developed world.
- Heart failure affects 37 million people worldwide
- Half of people diagnosed with heart failure will die within 5 years
- Heart disease is one of the most common causes of death in the developed world
Why use umbilical cord stem cells?
The treatment of heart disease is not the only area in which stem cells from the umbilical cord have been used to repair and regenerate damaged tissue. Cord blood is showing huge promise for the treatment of brain conditions like cerebral palsy and autism. In fact it is the only treatment so far, that appears to actually repair damage to the brain.
Source: Science Daily
FIND OUT MORE, REQUEST YOUR WELCOME PACK TODAY
All you need to know to make an informed decision.
Provide your contact details to request:
– Complete Welcome Pack and Parent’s Guide
– Information via email
– Contact from our specialist advisors