Studies suggest that relaxation during pregnancy can regulate emotional states and physiology1. It can reduce maternal stress and improve wellbeing2, and even reduce anxiety symptoms in women with high-risk pregnancies3.
Moreover, practising mindfulness can boost positive feelings4, and different breathing techniques can help reduce your heart rate, increase your oxygen flow, and calm your fears5. So, when you relax, it’s not just good for you – it’s excellent for your baby too! August 15, 2023, marks National Relaxation Day and presents an ideal opportunity to explore this subject.
Practical Tips for Busy Expectant Mothers
We understand that relaxation might seem like a luxury when you’re a busy mum-to-be. Here are some simple yet effective techniques to integrate unwinding into your daily routine:
- Mindful Breathing: Take a few minutes each day to practice deep breathing. Inhale deeply, hold for a few seconds and exhale slowly. This simple practice can have a calming effect on your mind and body. Guided mindful breathing meditations are freely available across streaming services and can be done in the comfort of your own home.
- Prenatal Yoga: Engaging in gentle prenatal yoga can help improve flexibility, reduce stress, and prepare your body for childbirth.
- Create a Relaxing Space: Designate a serene corner in your home where you can unwind and meditate. This can reduce stress and allow your body to settle into a state of deep relaxation6. Surround yourself with calming elements.
- Stay Connected with Nature: Spending time outdoors can rejuvenate your mind and spirit. Take short walks in the park or relax in your garden to connect with nature.
- Delegate and Ask for Help: Don’t hesitate to seek support from family and friends. Delegate tasks to alleviate your workload and make time for relaxation.
Relaxation for Every Mum
We understand that not every pregnant mother can engage in expensive relaxation
Securing Your Baby’s Future with Stem Cell Banking
Now, while we’re on the topic of doing what’s best for our babies, let’s talk about stem cell banking. Just as relaxation can enhance your baby’s health, storing their cord blood stem cells can safeguard their future health.
Stem cell banking lets us capture and store these life-giving cells at birth. These cells can potentially be used for treatments in the future.
Moreover, many parents who have banked with us often say they feel a sense of relief, knowing they’ve taken a step towards securing their child’s future health. And isn’t that the ultimate form of relaxation?
Today is National Relaxation Day, which serves as a gentle reminder to take a moment to embrace tranquillity and cherish this unique moment in your life. Especially during pregnancy, prioritising relaxation can have a significant impact on your well-being and that of your precious baby. Additionally, by trusting Cells4Life, you can rest assured knowing that you have chosen a reliable and well-respected company to safeguard your baby’s stem cells.
bmcpregnancychildbirth. biomedcentral.com/articles/10. 1186/s12884-021-04099-4
edu/article/item/four_reasons_ to_practice_mindfulness_ during_pregnancy
health-conditions-and- treatments/health-library/ patient-education/beginnings/ second-trimester/whats- happening/relaxation- techniques